You have just arrived in Geneva and receiving assistance from the Hospice général. Do you have questions about your accommodations?
This document answers the following questions:
- What are the different types of places you can live in Switzerland?
- What is the current housing situation in Geneva?
- What happens when I arrive in Geneva?
- How is life organized in a collective living center (CHC)?
- How do I move from a collective living center to individual housing?
- How do I access individual housing not covered by the Hospice général scheme if I have a type F, S or B residence permit?
- What costs will I have to pay in addition to rent?
- Who pays the rent? How much does the Hospice général contribute towards the rent?
- Does the Hospice général pay for Wifi, television network and telephone subscriptions?
- What is the Serafe fee?
- What are the conduct rules in your housing?